(Update: Nov 24 2010)
Convex Analysis and Optimization with Submodular Functions: a Tutorial (2010, Tech. report)
Gradient methods for minimizing composite objective function (2007, CORE discussion).
Smooth minimization of non-smooth functions (2005, Math. Prog.).
A method for solving a convex programming problem with convergence rate 1/k^2 (1983, Soviet Math. Dokl)
On Accelerated Proximal Gradient Methods for Convex-Concave Optimization (2008, Submitted to SIAM J. Optim)
Variable Splitting/Alternating Linearization
- Fast Alternating Linearization Methods for Minimizing the Sum of Two Convex Functions. (2009, some review on operator splitting also)
- Fast Multiple Splitting Algorithms for Convex Optimization. (2009)
- Semi-Supervised Sparse Metric Learning using Alternating Linearization Optimization . (2010, application example)
- Sparse Inverse Covariance Selection via Alternating Linearization Methods. (2010, application example)
- Fast Alternating Linearization Methods for Robust Principal Component Analysis. (2010, application example)
- Distributed Optimization and Statistical Learning via the Alternating Direction Method of Multipliers (2010, working draft)
Semi-Definite Programming (SDP)
Semidefinite Optimization (2001, Acta Numerica)